Questions to guide your reflection
- Who are your role models? Why are they your role models?
- What is a role model in the clinical context? Clinicians? Doctors? Nurses? Your peers? Students from other universities?
- What do you value in a clinician?
- Why do clinicians think students are unprofessional? Why do students often think clinicians are unprofessional?
- What assumptions do clinicians make about students?
- What assumptions do students make about clinicians?
Dijk, N. Van, Etten-jamaludin, F. S. Van, & Waard, M. W. (2013). The attributes of the clinical trainer as a role model: A systematic review. Academic Medicine, 88(1).
Sandhu, G., Rich, J. V, Magas, C., & Walker, G. R. (2015). A diverging view of role modelling in medical education. The Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 6(1).