If you are not familiar with blogging and writing reflections as part of creating an online portfolio as part this course, read the following pages before you begin: On writing and reflecting
In addition to the links above, here is an extensive list of the references used in this course. You are not required to read them all, but the list is provided in case you would like to explore the topics in more depth.
- Beauchamp, T.L. & Childress, J.F. (2001). Principles of biomedical ethics. Oxford University Press.
- Branch, W. T. (2000). Supporting the moral development of medical students. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 15(7), 503–508.
- Costeloe, K. (2007). Euthanasia in neonates. British Medical Journal, 334:912-913
- Delany, C., & Watkin, D. (2009). A study of critical reflection in health professional education: “learning where others are coming from”. Advances in Health Sciences Education: Theory and Practice, 14(3), 411–29.
- Edwards, I., Braunack-Mayer, A., & Jones, M. (2005). Ethical reasoning as a clinical-reasoning strategy in physiotherapy. Physiotherapy, 91(4), 229–236.
- Gabard, D.L. & Martin, M.W (2010). Physical therapy ethics. F.A. Davis Company, Philadelphia.
- Grace, S., & Trede, F. (2013). Developing professionalism in physiotherapy and dietetics students in professional entry courses. Studies in Higher Education, 38(6), 793–806.
- Klenowski, V., Askew, S., & Carnell, E. (2006). Portfolios for learning, assessment and professional development in higher education. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 31(3), 267–286.
- Rowe, M. (2012). The use of assisted performance within an online social network to develop reflective reasoning in undergraduate physiotherapy students. Medical Teacher, 34(7), e469–75.
- Spandorfer, J., Pohl, C. A., Rattner, S. L., & Nasca, T. J. (2010). Professionalism in medicine: A case-based guide for medical students. Cambridge University Press.
- Trede, F. (2012). Role of work-integrated learning in developing professionalism and professional identity. Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education, 13(3), 159–167.